Wednesday night's protest-turned-riot has left behind a trail of burned out buildings, smashed windows, and looted stores in south Minneapolis and beyond.
Much of the damage was centered on the area around the Minneapolis Police 3rd Precinct on Lake Street, where protests over the death of George Floyd led to a minority of demonstrators turn their attentions to nearby businesses.
Here are the reports of damage or looting that have come in since Wednesday evening. This story will be update as more reports come in:
– Target Lake Street: Looting, graffiti, property damage, fire damage.
– Wendy's Lake Street: Fire, destroyed.
– Autozone Lake Street: Fire, destroyed.
– Cub Foods Lake Street: Looting, property damage, fire damage.
– Ananya Dance Theater University Ave: Property damage.
– Springboard for the Arts University Ave: Property damage, fire.
– 7-Mile Sportwear University Ave: Property damage, looting.
– Fire n Ice Chicken: Property damage.
– Liquor Barrel on West 7th: Property damage, looting.
– Moellers Jewelry, Highland: Property damage.
– The Fixery, Highland: Property damage.
– Bole Ethiopian Restaurant: Fire.
– Enterprise University Avenue: Fire.
And a lot more others